Thursday, October 15, 2009

Suited and Booted


Arrow keys for movement and crouching, spacebar to jump. Use arrow keys while swinging to increase his spin. Hold down spacebar to make the jump last longer. Hit spacebar again when holding on to a wall to wall jump. A and D to attack.

See below for a list of Dreg's fight moves.



Urgh, today was a lot of work...

I did to Dreg what I'd done to the thugs, and it was generally a rather horrible experience. As I mentioned in the previous post I had to do a few changes to the Thug MovieClip for the variety of clothing to work, and this had to be done for each bit of animation. I spent a good five hours today just converting graphic symbols into MovieClips. It was horrible.

But after I'd done all that, I was able to give Dreg a suit! I think he looks dapper, don't you? With his cheesy big collar and his cheesy white socks...

Also, after all the fine tuning I'd done with collision detection regarding moving objects, I'd screwed things up in other areas and had to fix them today. I also added a very simplistic preloader (I had to read my own tutorial to remember how!). It was all rather difficult work. So I decided to cheer myself up by doing this:


I think it's hilarious. I might use as a billboard within the game. Disarea is the name of the world, by the way.

Anyway, I feel that things are shaping up!

Once again, for newbies, here are the fighting moves:

punch him in the face lots:
A + A + A

kick'im:
D

upper-cut:
DOWN + A

get his ankles:
DOWN + D

dirty my trousers:
D while running

flying kick:
D while jumping

kick 'im onto 'is butt (more powerful kick with ever-so-slightly different animation):
A + A + D
OR
DOWN + A + D (this one is fun - you fling him into the air then kick him off into the distance)

Sort of roll over backwards then then kick him in a sensitive place, thereby flinging him away:
A OR D while moving into him

No, look over there!
move into him and press A while he's facing away from you

slingshot! (my favourite):
Run towards him and press A just as you get to him

Double dragon rip-off:
DOWN, release DOWN and press D while rising.

No comments:

Post a Comment