Sunday, October 18, 2009

Now, now boys


Arrow keys for movement and crouching, spacebar to jump. Use arrow keys while swinging to increase his spin. Hold down spacebar to make the jump last longer. Hit spacebar again when holding on to a wall to wall jump. Press refresh to have it all start again!


This is a bit of a silly update, but I find it incredibly fun, as no doubt you will too!

I'm working on techniques for saving my input, so as to be able to quickly and easily create cut-scenes within the game (or have NPCs perform actions for demonstration / race purposes). I need to make something that isn't too processor expensive, but reliably reproduces the actions I tell it to. I think I have it, though they may still be some bugs around.

To test it, I had lots of different versions of Dreg running around, falling into pits, getting squished etc. for a relatively long time to see if he'd end up where he was supposed to (in this case, the secret room - though one sort of falls off by being an idiot). The final result was so wonderful I had to share it with you all!

I admit this is a silly post, and there still isn't anything incredibly exciting for you to do, but I find the sight of all those little Dregs gleefully bouncing around to be hilarious. Don't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment