Monday, July 20, 2009

It's Swingtastic!


press A and D to run, and spacebar to jump. A and D also help you spin faster while on a pole


Right, I have to go teach a class in a second, but I wanted to stick this up.

I have poles from which Dreg can swing! Wheeee!

By the way, those black circles are the poles in question. As in, they're stuck in the wall behind. foreshortening, ok?

You can make him swing by pressing A and D at the opportune moments. The timing of your jump matters - if you're swinging fast you'll jump further. If you time it right, you can go really far. See if you can get to the tower at the top left, and wall jump all the way up. There's nothing up there of any interest, but it's a challenge, ok?

Here's a hint: start by wall jumping off the right hand wall...

I've also been working on stuff behind the scenes. I think I have all the collision testing sorted, but please tell me if Dreg has the audacity to casually float through some of those lines. He's had a tendency to do that in the past, the bastard.

I've already started working on gravity shifts, and I'm glad to report it's as unsightly a mess as I predicted, but I think I'll be able to muddle my way through...

No comments:

Post a Comment